- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup dark [semisweet] chocolate chips (I used Ecuador chips from Heavenly Chocolates)
- 1 50g milk chocolate bar, roughly chopped (I used Meiji Black; less sweet than the average milk chocolate bar)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees / Gas Mark 4. Grease and flour a standard-sized cookie sheet.
Whisk together the eggs, oil, cocoa, and vanilla. Add the sugar and stir well. Mix in the chocolates and oatmeal till well-combined. Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix till you achieve a stiff batter.
Divide the batter into two logs on the cookie sheet. Smooth down the top and sides with a wet spatula. Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove the logs from the oven and lower the heat to 300 degrees / Gas Mark 3. Allow to cool for ten minutes, then use a serrated knife to cut each log into twelve pieces. Bake an additional 20 – 25 minutes. (Length of time determines the crispness; longer baking time = crunchier biscotti.)