Yes, dear SybDive readers, I’m back and I feel quite rested from my week off. I pretty much spent it gallivanting about, experiencing new tastes, meeting new people, and rediscovering old haunts. (Yes, nothing beats the braised chicken feet and taro puffs at Wai Ying along Benavidez St.!)
In the process of food-tripping and photo-snapping, I also grabbed this bag of treats from Yamazaki Japanese Grocery over in Makati. This is Denroku Choco Assorto; as its name suggests, it’s a mixed-bag of different chocolate snacks. These are what I got in mine:
- chocolate-covered peanut clusters;
- chocolate-covered banana chips (yes, seriously: banana chips!);
- chocolate corn disks (similar to if not completely identical with Oishi Sponge Crunch);
- miniature chocolate rusks;
- chocolate-covered corn puffs; and
- chocolate-coated kaki-no-tane (those small bean-shaped rice crackers).
The corn disks and puffs were immediate favorites, but the banana chips were something of an acquired taste. The peanut clusters will remind you of a Snickers bar sans the gooey caramel and chewy nougat.
There is so much to tell you all; there are new recipes I’ve tried and new foodie haunts to head to. In the meantime, let me tease you all with this little snapshot taken in Binondo (Manila’s Chinatown):