SybDive is pausing a bit on food blogging to give way to this serious shout-out for assistance.
25% of Metropolitan Manila is still underwater as of now (7:11 PM, Manila time) due to the heaviest downpour we have experienced in nearly forty years. Typhoon Ondoy (international name: Ketsana) dumped about six months’ worth of rain on us within six hours, putting the country’s capital and 23 other provinces under a state of calamity.
According to the most recent bulletin on the Philippine Daily Inquirer website, over 300,000 people have been displaced by massive flooding in various areas of the city. 52 people have been confirmed dead, including five heroic servicemen who drowned whilst rescuing people in the province of Laguna.
Please help the families currently holed up in evacuation centers or, God forbid, are still awaiting rescue by sending donations in cash and kind. Please get in touch with any of the following:
- Philippine National Red Cross (143, +632-5270000)
- Philippine National Red Cross Rizal Chapter operations center hotline: (+632-6350922, +632-6347824)
- Go to GMA Facebook page & post complete addresses and names of people in need of immediate help.
- ABS-CBN Typhoon Ondoy Hotline: (+632-4163641)
- Jam 88.3: (+632- 6318803) or SMS at JAM (space) 883 (space) your message to 2968
- GMA Kapuso Helpline: (+632-9811950-59)